You are here
Professor Harry MooreI am co-director of the Centre for Stem Cell Biology (CSCB) at the University of Sheffield and manager of the Centre’s Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) compliant stem cell derivation facility.
The clinical cell lines for the London Project will be produced from material at Sheffield and the derivation work will be undertaken within the GMP facility under my supervision and under licence from the Human Fertilization and Embryology Authority (HFEA).
My lab has been responsible for the generation of eight research-grade human embryonic stem cell lines (Shef 1-8) which have been accepted by the UK Stem Cell Bank and are now distributed widely in the research community.
Chair in Reproductive Biology jointly in the Departments of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology and Medicine & Biomedical Sciences at the University of Sheffield.
Co-Director of the Centre for Stem Cell Biology.
Director of the GMP stem cell derivation facility for the Centre
HFEA licence for the derivation of human embryonic stem cell lines
First report of the generation of trophoblast cell lines from human embryonic stem cells
First report of the generation of and post-meiotic germ cells from human embryonic stem cells.
Author of more than 190 scientific papers
- Hewitt ZA, Amps KJ and Moore HD (2007) Derivation of GMP raw materials for use in regenerative medicine: hESC-based therapies, progress towards clinical application. Clin. Pharm. Therapeut. (in press).
- Harun R, L. Ruban, M. Matin, J. Draper, N. M. Jenkins, G. C. Liew ,P. W. Andrews, T. C. Li, S. M. Lairdand H. D. M. Moore (2006) Cytotrophoblast stem cell lines derived from human embryonic stem cells and their capacity to mimic invasive implantation events. Hum. Reprod. 21:1349-58.
- Aflatoonian B, Moore H (2005) Human primordial germ cells and embryonic germ cells, and their use in cell therapy. Curr Opin Biotechnol.;16(5):530-5.
- Draper , J.S. Smith, K., Gokhale P., Moore, H.D., Maltby, E., Johnson, J., Meisner, L., Zwaka, T.P., Thomson, J.A. and Andrews, P.W. (2004) Recurrent gain of chromosomes 17q and 12 in cultured human embryonic stem cells. Nature Biotech, 22, 53-4
- Moore, H.D.M. Dvorakova, K., Jenkins, N. and Breed, W. (2002) Exceptional sperm cooperation in wood mice. Nature, 418,174-177.