You are here
Dr Ahmad AhmadoClinical Research Fellow.
My specific areas of interest are bio-engineered polymers as a substrate for cellular transplantation, retinal pigment epithelium differentiation markers including transepithelial resistance and impedance, Extracellular matrix substitutes for attachment and differentiation of in vitro RPE and RPE biology.
One of the clinicians who devised a strategy for subretinal substrate transplantation.
Growth and differentiation of ARPE19 on degradable engineered polymers
Measurment of ARPE19 impedance profiles on various substrates.
Comparison of peptide fragments as an extracellular matrix substitute.
- Ahmado A, Carr AJ, Vugler AA, Semo M, Gias C, Lawrence JM, Chen LL, Chen FK, Turowski P, da Cruz L, Coffey PJ. Induction of differentiation by pyruvate and DMEM in the human retinal pigment epithelium cell line ARPE-19. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011 Sep 9;52(10):7148-59. Print 2011.
- Vugler, A., Lawrence, J., Walsh, J., Carr, A.J., Gias, C., Semo, M., Ahmado, A., da Cruz, L., Andrews, P. & Coffey, P.J. Embryonic stem cells and retinal repair. Mechanisms of development, 2007 in press.
- Da Cruz, L, Chen, FK, Ahmado, A, Greenwood, J, Coffey, P. RPE Transplantation and its role in retinal disease. Progress in Retinal and Eye Research, 2007 in press
- Rubinstein A, Riddell CE, Akram I, Ahmado A, Benjamin L. Orbital Emphysema leading to blindness Archives of Ophthalmology Vol 123, Oct 2005;1452
- Shaikh, A, Ahmado, A, James, B. Severe Cough: a cause of late bleb leak Journal of Glaucoma, Volume 12, Number 2, April 2003:181-183